This is a little note on the food I’ve been eating.

Sausage at the Market Square!

. . . and I am IN LOVE . . .

With Weetabix!!!

Here is a picture of Weetabix out of the box.

Here is a picture of Weetabix in 2.7% (i.e. skim – ha!) milk.  Mushy, gushy, totally disgusting looking, but oh, so good!

2007-02-12 I love Weetabix.mpg

Here is a video of me singing the praises of Weetabix.  You might want to pass on this one if you have better things to do with your time.

Posted by harp on Tuesday, February 13, 2007 at 10:04 pm | Edit
Permalink | Read 3177 times
Category Switzerland Adventure: [first] [previous] [next] [newest]
Comments
Do you remember eating Weet-Bix in New Zealand? You and Heather both loved it, as I recall, and were disappointed because in Australia (and at home) we could only find Weetabix, which you didn't like as well. (Now I've made you want to go back to New Zealand to see what could possibly have been better about Weet-Bix.)

Loved the commercial!!!

Posted by sursumcorda on Tuesday, February 13, 2007 at 10:57 pm
I think I like the idea of 2.7% milk. Whole is too thick for casual consumption (though necessary for some specialized applications like Oreos and chai), but 2% seems so bland.

Posted by Andy Bonner on Wednesday, February 14, 2007 at 1:50 am
So, is weetabix different than just letting your shredded wheat get all mushy? I personally don't like shredded wheat, but we keep telling Billy he's going to turn into a giant shredded wheat piece. If he can get away with it, he'll eat it for breakfast AND lunch. Sarah

Posted by dstb on Wednesday, February 14, 2007 at 4:13 pm
Wow, that's healthy! Or does he eat the sugar-coated kind?

Posted by sursumcorda on Wednesday, February 14, 2007 at 4:25 pm
Jonathan and I watched your weetabix commercial and enjoyed it very much. This post reminds me - are you allowed to send food in the mail? Some of that cheese you've raved about would be great... And chocolate. You mentioned that before. Well, if Billy's turning into shredded wheat, I'll probably turn into granola...

Posted by joyful on Wednesday, February 14, 2007 at 9:31 pm
I don't know what we're allowed to bring back, but perhaps I'd better plan to bring a bigger suitcase....

Posted by sursumcorda on Wednesday, February 14, 2007 at 9:43 pm
I don't think I've had shredded wheat, but I'll have to try when I come home. I can't imagine it would be too different, but Weetabix has less than 2 grams of sugar in the serving shown in my "commercial." It's not sweet at all, but it's like a good dark bread with its own flavor. I need to go to bed so I can get up and have some! BTW, I imagine exporting cheese and chocolate is something that happens everyday, though I don't know about shipping it. That wouldn't work with cheese for sure.

Posted by IrishOboe on Wednesday, February 14, 2007 at 10:16 pm

(Comments may be delayed by moderation.)